Translator

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TLC's response to my letter against rude anti-transgender remarks on Cake Boss

I wrote a letter to TLC's owners, the Discovery Network, in response to rude remarks aired on an episode of Cake Boss featuring Carmen Carrera on Monday. I basically asked them why they think it was okay and entertaining to air those anti-transgender remarks on a family network. I also showed copied and pasted by previous blog post about being born in a male body with a woman's mind. This is their response to my email:


Carmen Carrera, the transgender woman and a very deep rolemodel for the LGBT community was made fun of on the show. This is her response from this morning

"LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR! LISTEN UP PEOPLE! I signed on to do this episode of "Cake Boss" to promote EQUALITY. Transgender women are just as beautiful as biological woman and should be respected for that. The "reveal" was never meant to be a "Jerry Springer, 'THATS A MAN'..." kind of thing. I was promised that it wasn't going to be that way. I was lied to. I dont promote misleading someone or putting down the trans community. I am a beautiful transgendered woman and if a guy hits on me at a bar, ITS OK! That was the message. Hearing things like "You'll never be a real woman" or "I hope you burn in hell for changing your gender" or "You will always be a man" is the EXACT TYPE OF IGNORANCE THAT THIS SHOW HELPED TO PROMOTE. This is why Im so upset. If men find me attractive and treat me as lady, why do some of you people think its wrong??? Why are some of you trying to take that away from me like I dont deserve to be treated with respect and admiration? Ignorance, thats why. STOP THE HATE AND PASS THIS ON."-Carmen Carrera

Since her petition against Cake Boss' anti-transgender comments have reached over 8,000 signatures in less than 48 hours, TLC has removed that episode of Cake Boss and apologized to Carmen Carrera and the LGBT community.

TLC PULLS CAKE BOSS EPISODE <---that's the link





No comments:

Post a Comment